The Boston Scally Company is an apparel line that defines the Boston city culture. The scally cap is its flagship product which is the city’s most culture defining piece of headwear. We aim to give those, not only from Boston, the opportunity to own a quality cap or apparel item that represents our blue-collar mentality and the culture behind it. If you understand the tough, humble, and lovable nature of Bostonians then you will understand The Boston Scally Company. We are a small but rapidly expanding team looking for driven and talented individuals to join us in our mission.
Boston Scally is seeking an Inventory Planner to run the Forecasting, Buying, and Inventory processes for this high growth brand. You are a highly analytical individual with Excel and Database mastery. The ideal candidate will be naturally curious, have a relentless drive for results, is strategically oriented, and is able to craft action from data. You are excited by building partnership across all internal functions and can operate in a fast, flexible environment.
This position will report directly into the CEO/Founder of the brand.
Pre-Season Planning Strategy:
- Build long range and short term integrated financial plans for product categories in conjunction with cross functional team
- Develop pre-season inventory strategies and build out the associated detailed inventory plans from category through sku level to execute seasonal, monthly & weekly company revenue and profitability targets.
- Align bottoms up forecast with top down targets to ensure assortment is architected to deliver company goals
- Present seasonal selling hindsight analysis to guide product roadmap development, assortment architecture, and productivity goals
- Determine inventory KPIs & create dashboards to streamline reporting & ensure data integrity
- Generate purchase orders down to SKU-level with precision and accuracy
In Season Management:
- Manage and lead open-to-buy processes ensuring short, mid, and long term view to sales and inventory forecast, resulting in action to maximize KPIs against budget
- Lead weekly business reviews with a focus on product performance, pricing, inventory efficiency and channel results
- Ensure receipt accuracy to support in-season management and recommend chase and air decisions as necessary
- DC and 3PL management
- Sizing and PO Management
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 - 3 years of experience in inventory planning or buying, preferably in an e-commerce focused business
- Proficient at Excel, Databases
- The ability to think strategically with an analytical mindsight
- Strong sense of urgency and sound decision making
- Excellent organization and communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to Build tools and dashboards to streamline business processes
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and other benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote and Flexible Local arrangement